Thursday 20 October 2011

Day 21 - Tom's Magical Mystery Tour Through the South of France


So as I have said France and Nice was a side track to conquer our problem over staying in Italy, but I decided to take Mel on one of my Magical Mystery Tours and visit two well known French towns. The first was the home of one of the biggest film festivals in the world, Cannes. It was another beautifully hot day, and again not like the flat boring cities of England, we had to climb hills to see many of the worth while sights, these included the 4 murals dedicated to the world of film painted on the sides of houses. The main area near the port that is normally used for the festival was mainly covered in red tape, builders and lorries putting something up for an event. We did though get to see most of the star's hand prints on the walkways. After posing in the corny cardboard cutout stands and a yummy ice cream we travelled onto the second stop and a totally different country!
Stepping off the train into Monaco was like walking into a aeroplane hanger, it was massive. And for some reason after that moment I hated it. Not sure why, I was in a weird mood anyway because of the last couple of days events but also I just felt so strange and totally out of place, I was wearing my new Venice T-shirt (a slant on the video game Vice City) and a pair of shorts with dirty trainers, while everyone else (including Mel) were wearing either dresses or suits. I just did not like it and that came across in my mood and once again I judged the book by the cover, because after a walk around the city, I could see it was a beautiful place. I have got to learn to give everywhere a chance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment