Sunday 2 October 2011

Day 14 - A Lot of Beer, A Whole A Lot of Fun!

We finally made it to a tent for Oktober Fest at about 2pm, after 3 hours of again trying to find different routes through Italy with no luck! It took us about 10 - 15 minutes to get the nerves to sit down on a bench after circling the tent twice. Once sitting down the 4 Aussies already sitting at the 10 seater bench welcomed us into the fold shaking hands and raising their 1 litre tankers to toast us once he got our beers, and shouting the German word for cheers (poute).

By the time the second litre came it was like the group of us where long lost friends. By the end of the 2nd litre I was way on the way to tipsy land, managing not only to get lost on the way back from the toilet but also making friends with 2 different groups of Germans, one of them tried to teach me the language the other teaching me the songs and hugged me with one arm until they left.

By the time 11pm came in which by this time the Aussies had dunked their cameras in their beers, set fire to their hair and beards and flirted with each other to the point of writing "I like you" on each others hands, came I managed to have 3 litres and stop because I was feeling really gassy and decided to have some water which also turned out to sparking, they did not sell still water for some reason. Mel impressed me the most by having 4 litres beating me!

On saying good bye to our new friends (email addresses in pocket) I brought Mel one of the famous cookie hearts that had "I love you" written in German. A great day and a brilliant chance to be part of an age old festival, something I would recommend to everyone and hope one day I will do it again!!

A nice little video of us with our drinking friends (remember i was drunk)

No comments:

Post a Comment