Sunday 11 September 2011

No Food But Lots of Animals

Day 2 - Berlin

Every summer the day before I went back to school my mum took me to the best place in the world, the only place that made me forget that it was a sad day because summer was coming to an end, and Mel made me feel 10 again by saying that we could go to the biggest one in Europe! I'm talking of the Zoo. I love the Zoo and was so excited and the fact that it was the biggest in Europe was just so cool. Before that though we soaked ourselves in more history of the city taking in another part of the wall, The East Side Gallery, a section of the wall covered in graffiti, expressing the need to be free. There were some great examples along the wall, but many have been ruined by the graffti placed on top by the new generation. It was very inspiring and truly touched a creative part of me.
So onwards to the Zoo! And what a Zoo, everything you could ask for including bushbabies, at least 7 types of wild cat, hippos, a panda, lots of monkeys, apes and a Rhino having a poo! Happy with the days animal viewing we moved on to the Victory Column and then another lengthy walk of Berlin to find food. I have two problems with Berlin, 1 - The cars! It is mental, the cars seem to just think that it is ok to run people over when it is a green crossing man for the people crossing the road! And 2 - the lack of places to eat at a good price, we walked for an hour looking for food in the tourist stops until we had enough and decided that the golden M would have to do as it was now 8 o clock and we where starving and our feet hurt so much. O yer and we got to see Check Point Charlie again without the actors and gypsies. Overall I liked Berlin and would visit again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment