Monday 12 September 2011

Day 3 - Prague - All I Want is a Coke!!

Mel opts out and takes the stairs and I enter the lift, with the landlord, thinking as I enter that I may have made a mistake. If Mel had come in the lift it would have been a mental squeeze, if i had to guess I would say it was about 6 feet by 3 feet wide. On the way up we say nothing to each other and all I can hear is the sounds of the 17th century lift trying with all its powers to get us to the top! And that was my first look at the hostel (more like apartment) we stayed in, when I asked Mel to decribe it, she compared it to the apartament building from the horror film Rec! It was very old school!
Leaving the building to explore Prague for the first time, we both felt very unsure and to be totally honest the true realisation of the fact that 50 days is a long time was starting to settle in and we both felt a little home sick. After a wander around the city and another night of 'lets find something to eat' (this time though there is plenty to choose from) we some across a lovely place with live music. The waiter (a big stocky guy with a skin head) looked at me when I tried to have a coke, and simply said "Really? You want beer, I get you beer", even though he was the nicest guy I felt bullied into drinking. I knew it was a drinking city but I never knew it would be forced! Lovely beer though after all that!

Extra bonus in this blog, something I wrote on our first train trip of Europe:

On the train now and even though we are the only 2 English people in the very small 6 person carriage we have managed to have a laugh with the other passangers over the fact that the women doing the announcements had trouble speaking in English and had to pause and sigh angryly at the fact she was having problems speaking in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment